Update Regarding Medication Please Read
As of the 23rd March 2020. In order to protect stocks of vital medicines and to ensure no one goes without their medication, we have been advised to reduce supplies to 28 days at a time. If you pay for your prescriptions you will still only incur one charge for your two or three monthly prescription, but the pharmacy will dispense your medication at monthly intervals.
Thank you for your co-operation.
How to Stay Together by Staying apart and Social Distancing Chart
Up to date information regarding COVID-19 and isolation from Public Health England
March 2020 – Corona Virus ADVICE – please follow the NHS111 Link – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Urgent care services in Sunderland are changing
Patients in Sunderland will be able to access NHS urgent care services more simply and closer to home after 1 August 2019.
From 1 August 2019, the best way to access NHS urgent care services will be to contact your GP practice or local pharmacy, or call NHS 111 when they are closed.
Urgent care is for minor injuries or illnesses which need medical attention the same day, but are not serious enough for the Emergency Department.
From 1 August 2019, these will be the main urgent care services for patients in Sunderland:
- GP practices – collectively providing extra appointments in evenings, weekends and bank holidays. These can be booked through your GP practice, at one of five locations around Sunderland, Washington and Houghton.
- Pharmacists – local pharmacists are highly trained and provide free, confidential advice on minor illnesses from sickness and diarrhoea to hay fever.
- Urgent care centres at Pallion or Bunny Hill health centres, open 10am-10pm Monday to Friday; 8am-10pm weekends and bank holidays, no appointment needed.
- NHS 111 – if you have an urgent need which is not life-threatening, NHS 111 health advisors are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help you get the right medical attention for your needs.
To find out more, please visit www.sunderlandccg.nhs.uk.
Sunderland Extended Access Service Information
As you may be aware for some time we have had the ability to offer access to a GP outside of core hours. Please see below for more details.
We are working on our Emergency Department visit numbers. We consistently use the A&E at a higher rate than other practices even with increased appointment and telephone access. We are using data to try and help us understand why this is happening and to try to encourage our population to utilise other services before using the A&E such as your local pharmacy etc.
Sunderland Clinical Commissioning Group have a very informative “Look After Yourself” booklet which is a great starting point in a guide to self care.
Please help us to save NHS resources by choosing the right service for your illness.
Messaging App / Texting Service:
MJog Messenger is a free app for patients allowing quick and easy two-way communications with their Practice. The familiar user interface means patients will be able to use the app straight out of the box, providing patients with a convenient way to manage appointments, be alerted about services and receive reminders from their surgery. PIN authentication can be enabled to grant peace of mind for your patient.
- No cost for Patients to use the MJog Messenger App – it is free to download with no message costs.
- Simple to use app – MJog Messenger is self explanatory with clear details including links and buttons to complete app interactions – familiar and recognisable styling.
- More informative messages for Patients, compared to SMS, with styled text and images allowing for clear and branded Practice communications.
- Convenient communications – app provides a straightforward view of documents including pdfs and letters the practice sends via the app which is delivered to one device (accessible across multiple).
- Easy access – it’s a simple process to cancel appointments in ‘one click’.
- Informative, relevant and efficient communications received – letter, pictures, links etc. all contained in one message.
- Provides quick access to Google Maps, Facebook and other apps so patients can stay in touch with your Practice.
- Building greater online engagement with patients.
Please contact us for details regarding our new texting service.
***MANDATORY TRAINING UPDATES***
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR SURGERY AND ALL OTHER SURGERIES IN SUNDERLAND ARE CLOSED ONCE A MONTH ON A WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON FOR MANDATORY TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT OF STAFF
Please ring the surgery on 111 and you will be directed to the Out of Hours Services for medical emergencies and advice.
GP ONLINE SERVICES
How can I start using GP online services?
Follow the steps below to sign up for GP online services:
1. Tell your GP practice that you would like to start using their online services
2. A member of the practice will then ask you to fill in a short registration form
3. You will have to provide photo ID and proof of address. If you do not have any ID then either a member of staff will have to confirm your identity or you may have to answer questions about personal information in your GP record
4. Once you have signed up, you will receive a letter with your unique username and password and a link to where you can log in
Click on this LINK for more information
Our Practice is highly patient focused and we have a multidisciplinary approach to patients’ health care. We aim to deliver the best for our patients by combining the skills of the practice team with other health and social care workers in the community.
We provide modern health care facilities and focus on continually improving the health of our patients and residents of the community.
Our Patient Participation Group are asked for their views on matters from time to time. If you are interesting in joining our Patient Group, please contact Mrs Carole Hutchinson, Practice Manager.
This website is aimed at providing you the important information about our practice, our services and our staff in addition to some other useful information and tools available for you to use. Please have a look around and send us any comments or suggestions if you like. We can use your comments and ideas to improve our online services and develop the content of this site accordingly.
***** PRACTICE NEWS DECEMBER 2019 *****
We are very pleased to welcome our new member of staff Dana Bird, Advanced Nurse Practitioner who starts with the practice on 30th December.
*** Check out our new Facebook page ***
“Health Watch” award
We are very pleased to be awarded the Healthwatch Sunderland award for positive patient feedback during the previous 8 months. Well done everyone!! Please follow the link: https://www.facebook.com/HWSunderland/photos/a.358191964302765.1073741828.324637567658205/1032823896839565/?type=3&theater
WHY SURGERY’S CAN SOMETIMES RUN LATE – AN INTERESTING READ….. Before you complain – Poster